Hardide-W has been developed for advanced engineering applications which will benefit from the coating’s chemical and corrosion resistance, ductility, extremely high melting temperature, strong adhesion and non-porous structure, but which do not require high hardness and wear resistance. Hardide-W consists of high purity metal tungsten with small amounts of special alloying elements which enhance the material’s mechanical properties. It is a REACH-compliant replacement for cadmium plating.
Hardide-W properties include:
– The coating technology achieves high deposition rates and low residual stresses enabling the production of thick coatings in excess of 100 microns and is also suitable for producing very thin conformal coatings of a few microns thickness. This expands the range of applications covering a wide variety of coating thicknesses.
– Can be applied to internal and external surfaces and complex shapes uniformly
– Pore-free coating has enhanced chemical resistance and is an excellent barrier against corrosion
– Can be applied to a wide range of metals including various grades of stainless steel, tool and alloy steels, nickel, copper and cobalt-based alloys
Hardide Coatings’ UK and USA manufacturing sites are approved to ISO 9001 and aerospace AS 9100 certification. The UK site is also accredited to Nadcap and ISO 14001.
Examples of Hardide-W applications include:
– A corrosion barrier coating with enhanced anti-galling properties replacing toxic cadmium plating on aircraft components
– Coating on anodes which generate X-rays while dissipating the heat and ensuring excellent electrical conductivity even in thermal shock and thermal cycling conditions
– Coating on graphite components and tooling for high temperature vacuum reactors used in semiconductor manufacturing