Hardide-T has enhanced toughness and is suitable for heavy duty applications in extremely abrasive and erosive environments where a thicker coating (typically 50 microns) is required or in applications involving shock loads where impact resistance is required.
Hardide-LT is an ultra-low temperature variant of Hardide-T produced at a significantly lower process temperature – below 370°C / 698°F. This widens the range of metals that can be coated without affecting their mechanical properties.
– Can be applied to both internal and external surfaces, including complex shapes uniformly
– Smooth, uniform as-coated surface minimises expensive grinding and finishing operations
– Easily applied to a wide range of metallic substrates including ferrous and nickel-based alloys, and most grades of stainless and carbon steels
– Applications include downhole tools, valves, flow control components, pumps, sealing and bearing surfaces, heavy duty earth-moving equipment, hydraulics, powder compaction and tool & die
– Industries served include oil and gas, aerospace, petrochemical, valves, pumps, material processing, power generation, steam and industrial gas turbines, industrial production tooling, pulp and paper processing, food manufacturing and motorsport.
Hardide Coatings’ UK and USA manufacturing sites are approved to ISO 9001 and aerospace AS 9100 certification. The UK site is also accredited to Nadcap and ISO 14001.